Friday, October 23, 2009

Belive in the Magic!

Morning peeps! Hope you you've had a great week...TGIF! This morning we're heading to the pumpkin patch with my daughter's preschool class...fun times will be had by one and all! I'm excited to see what pumpkins come home with us..they are so much fun to pick out!

So, my card today is highlighting one of my favorite things for the holidays...Nutcrackers! We found several in Germany that made my heart sing...and I can't wait to get them out again! I was excited to see the beautiful nutcrackers stamp...isn't he great!? He is part of the November Monthly Mix...avaliable soon! I used the LAD sketch challenge for my layout, and it's sketch #100, now that is a ton of inspiration just sitting around, isn't it!? It's fun to see people use sketches, because they inspire people in different ways, for example, my take on the sketch was to turn it a bit....so it looks different than the original sketch, but still has the same bones...super duper.
I started out with a vanilla card base. A layer of old olive cardstock came next. Then, I used my fiskars apron lace border punch on a strip of very vanilla cardstock. My beautiful red paper is a pattern from the paper set in the Holiday Mini. It's delicious! My ribbon is 5/8" vanilla grosgrain.

I stamped my nutcracker with burnt umber palette hybrid ink onto vanilla cardstock. I colored him in with copic markers and then mounted him on a swatch of real red cardstock. I set him aside and stamped my sentiment--I used my chocolate chip marker to ink the stamp so I could omit the swirly on the right side of the sentiment-this one is from the Christmas Magic stamp set. I punched it out with my key tag punch and added it to my card. Placing my nutcracker with dimensionals was the last piece of the puzzle today!

I hope you have a great weekend! Enjoy college game day tomorrow! I'm excited, ESPN is broadcasting from Provo, Utah at BYU...that is where I went to school...so I'm pretty excited! Go Cougars! I love college football....YEA! Have a great one friends!!

6 comments:

Savitri said...

So pretty! I love how you did the sentiment, with a bit of scalloped edge. Great coloring too!!

Thanks for the storage info. I would love some IKEA but nothing near and oh the shipping! I'll try a few of the Michael's storage system and see how I like them.

Angie Tieman said...

Very cute!! Love that scallop edge with the ribbon and little bit of red paper! Enjoy your weekend and football game!

Deanna said...

Wow, fantastic coloring!

Alyssa B said...

so pretty! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog!

Mary Fish said...

Your nutcracker is dashing. Love it with the designer paper. Hugs, M

Tiffany Ervin said...

Superb card Jen! Just love how you colored the nutcracker stamp, beautiful embellishments too!