Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sketch Challenge

Hello Friends! Happy October 1st Eve! I hope you're having a great one! We've got the pumpkin bread almost ready to come out of the oven, a delicious aroma is filling our house, it's 56 degrees outside...fall decorations have adorned our home...it's cool weather time! Yea!

This morning, I had just a few minutes to stamp and wanted to accomplish a sketch challenge, so I grabbed the latest LAD sketch which you can see here, and made my card! I was happy that it all came together and that it was an under 15 minute card! Don't you love those? Thus, the joy of using a sketch to jump start your productivity!
The sketch can be found here on the LAD blog. You'll also learn that the new Singles for October and November will be revealed tomorrow....be sure to check back in to see some fun samples! Perfect for the upcoming Holidays! And in celebrating the 3rd Annual World Card Making Day, this Saturday the 3rd, LAD will have a great promotion, so be sure to check in on Saturday!
Now, onto the main event!

This is a great sketch, very simple and clean. I grabbed some SEI paper, and went to town! These stamps are both from the October Montly Mix-avaliable the 15th of October. This mix rocks, really...I've had a great time with it thus far! I'll have many more samples to share next week from the Mix, so be sure to stay tuned

My card base is Not Quite Navy, then my SEI patterned papers. I love that this paper has a bit of foil--the leaves are all foiled and so shiney in real life! I added my three chocolate chip brads to the bottom of my floral paper with the help of my paper-piercing tool and mat, for perfect placement...love that, then added my paper to the card(so as not to show the brads on the inside of the card).

I stamped my leaf image with Not Quite Navy ink and on white cardstock and mounted it on Not Quite Navy cardstock. I added it to my card with dimensionals. My sentiment was stamped with Not Quite Navy ink as well, and then punched out with my 1" circle punch. I mounted it on a 1 1/4" Not Quite Navy circle and then on a 1 3/8" yellow circle-from the SEI paper collection. My button, a retired SU button, was tied with linen thread and added with a glue dot.

Super quick and simple and will go perfectly with the pumpkin bread I'm going to deliver to my friend this afternoon! I love this time for showing more gratitude and love...yea!!

See you tomorrow, thanks for stopping by and be sure to make it a great one!!

No comments: