Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Monday!

Good afternoon friends! I am happy to be posting today! We had a camping trip over the weekend and I totally anticipated getting some posts done before I left, but something had to give...so the blog was put on hold! But, I'm happy to be sharing with you today! I wanted to share a card we made at my last card class. I've had some beautiful inspiration by all those using the Medallion stamp from Stampin' Up! One card that really inspired this card was on Kimberly Van Dipen's blog...she is so talented!! Everyone had a good time making it, and again the embossing with black embossing powder is an instant WOW!
To start the card off, I inked up my Medallion stamp with Versamark ink. I stamped it onto a piece of Soft Suede cardstock that measured 4 x5 1/4". **Don't forget what a great help the embossing buddy is! It makes embossing details wonderful! Just a swipe over the cardstock before you ink with ebmossing ink** I used black embossing powder and a heat tool to get a nice shiney black medallion...beautiful! I used a sponge dauber and the soft suede classic ink to ink the edges of the layer the medallion was on.

My next step was to scallop a piece of soft suede cardstock. I used my scallop border punch to give me the perfect border! I used the soft suede ink and dauber again, to ink the scallops. I attached them just under the medallion image and then added my black satin ribbon. I added that layer to my soft suede card and then sponged the edges again.

My sentiment is from the Thank You Kindly stamp set. I used versamark ink and black embossing poweder here too. I used my large oval punch for a perfect home for my thanks. I punched out a basic black designer label, and soft suede wide oval to complete my sentiment home. I attached my sentiment to the card with dimensionals.

For the finishing touch, I pulled out a oldie but goodie tool, my Color Spritzer Tool. I slipped my soft suede marker into place and added a few soft suede flecks across the card-for a great "aged" look...fun, fun, fun!

Hope you have a great day! Tomorrow I'll be posting a photo of the Blog Candy I'll be offering for one of you, my fun friends! Have a great one! Tomorrow is the first day of school for my son...YEA!! We're so excited!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure this isn't blue?

Maile Belles said...

Beautiful card as usual!!! Glad to have you back!

Rose Ann said...

Your big medallion is so pretty, and I love the colors!!

Camping sure sounds like fun! I was hoping to go once more before the kids go back to school...but I don't think it's going to happen.