Tuesday, March 10, 2009

You Float My Boat!

Happy Tuesday friends! Let's be honest, I say many a phrase having to do with boats! "Whatever floats your boat" and "That floats my boat!". I was very happy to have a sentiment for "You float my boat!" I think this sentiment, from the Things That Go stamp set is just one for the greats in this fun LAD set!

I mentioned that I'm making things to gift for my friends when we move...and I have many a friend that "float my boat" so I'm sure I'll bust out a few more of these! I used the paper-piecing "technique" (if it can be considered a technique) to make my boat very girl-like.
My card started with a pumpkin pie piece of cardstock. I used some "sweet always" designer paper, (one of my ALL time favorite sets of paper!) for a backdrop for my boat image. The ribbon is regal rose 5/8" grosgrain. I love this width of ribbon, it is SO perfect! I've found myself using this width more than the 1/4" lately...I wish I could get it in every color!

I stamped my boat image in brown hybrid palette ink on whisper white cardstock. I then stamped the boat 2 more times on 2 different pieces of pink paper-also from sweet always. I cut out the pieces of the boat and then attached them to my boat on the whisper white cardstock. I wanted some type of waves-I finally settled on using my scallop edge punch, and just pieced two "lengths" that are the "waste" from punching a scallop edge. This same effect could be achieved using a circle punch also.

I mounted the boat on regal rose and then chocolate chip cardstock and attached it to my card with dimensionals. I added some little rhinestones for a little bling where the windows of the boat are. Thus, adding to the girl-like boat!

The sentiment was also stamped in brown ink, on pink pirouette cardstock and then punched out with my handy dandy word window punch. I sure do love that punch!!

I hope you are having a great day!! We're having a VERY windy day today...I think wind might be one of my favorite things ever! So much fun! Thanks for stopping by!!

3 comments:

Jaimee Blood said...

Jeni--How fun! I am a SU! demonstrator too! You're cards are darling! I'll be checking this site to see some fun ideas!
-Jaimee (Despain) Blood

Mary Fish said...

Love your Sweet Always "waves." This card is absolutely adorable. Hugs, M

Ifat Art said...

Wow, Jeni!
Again those colors? You know I love those color, right?

Love Love Love your cards!

Thanks for sharing,
IfatArt