Sunday, January 11, 2009

Deep Cleaning!

I know that spring cleaning isn't officialy in "season" yet, but don't you feel the need in January? I've really been feeling it...and I love the results! I love having a place for everything and everything in it's place! So, I've been cleaning my desk off and have found several cards that just didn't make "it" when I started them. I also had a bunch of pieces that I didn't really want to throw away, but were just waiting around for a job! So, here is one of the cards that came together from those pieces/cards!
I had the chocolate chip card layered with saffron and whisper white, and the chocolate ribbon. Then there was nothing. The circles and star were punches sitting in a crazy stack on the side of my desk in "things that need to be used" pile. I played a little with placement of the circles...and then added a star...and I really like it! I used a rub-on from the chit chat rubon set from SU--which I happen to LOVE! It was longer that I had space for, so I just cut it into the 3 words, and added them one at a time to my star. I love that rub-ons are so easy to use! I'm excited to see what new sets are in the new catalog!!

I love the newness of January...I'm starting to feel organized again...it stresses me out to have messes/disarray so it is very calming for me! I've gone through closets, donated toys, clothes and such to a refugee camp...it feels good to find people who need things that I don't need anymore! I'm working on my resolves to be better...I've said it once but I'll say it again, "Yea! for January!"

I hope you had a great weekend and are ready for a new week! I'll be back with more fun...see you soon!! Thanks for stopping by!!

7 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

LOVE this, Jeni! I am going to
CASE this one today! Like...now! I need a card for my nephew's birthday and this will be great! Thanks!!!

Angie Tieman said...

Fabulous card! And my favorite kind...made up of leftover parts! Love it!

Anonymous said...

This is a super cool idea! I love circles. They are my absolute favorite shape to work with.
And I love the chocolate paper you used!

Ifat Art said...

Great card!
I love that you made it out of old "need-to-use-them" pieces.
Every once in a while I do it to..

IfatArt

Laurie in MN said...

Both cards are terrific. The brown andwhite card is a favorite for the clean, rich look.

Mama said...

Yes, my dear, I will take some of this one! Love it! FF/Mom

Ruby said...

I love this card. I'd love to case it if that's ok. It's fab!!! So simple, yet so effective. My daughter said she loves it too. (She's 9)! :o)