Monday, October 27, 2008

Friends

Aren't you thanful for wonderful friends!? I've been thinking about this a bit lately. I am amazed at the great friends that I've made everywhere I've lived on this beautiful planet! And all the fun friends I've made in the paper crafting/blogging world...it's so fun! Anyway, I'm thankful for all of you friends that inspire me and support and encourage me...thank you! I can't believe that I didn't mention this earlier....last week I got some exciting news...my very first card has been accepted for publication! It will be published in the March 09 issue of Cards magazine! I'm so excited!! Anyway, yea for that!

Do you ever have pieces of a card that didn't quite come together as you wanted so you have it sitting around on your desk for a few days waiting patiently to be put into a loving card family? Well, this little pocket silhouette piece was one of those kind of pieces. I finally put it onto a card and am much happier with this one than the first one I had tried!
A Kiwi Kiss card base was an easy starting point. Strips of baja breeze and urban garden paper made their way to the background. The seam of the two papers was covered with a lovely kiwi satin ribbbon...love that stuff!! I stamped the 'so glad we're friends' from the hostess set Best Yet in not quite navy ink. I stamped the pocket silhouette in kiwi kiss ink, then used a sponge and sponged a little kiwi ink around the silhouettes to "fill in" a little. I glitified it with two way glue and dazzling dimonds. The butterfly is a martha stewart punch, I punched a baja breeze butterfly out, glitified it with 2 way glue and dazzling diamonds, and then used a mini glue dot to attach it to the silhouette. I mounted my little kiwi kiss pocket silhouette panel on not quite navy and then baja breeze. I attached it to the card with dimensionals...and there you have it!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! We've got company with us this week, so I'll try to get a couple more posts up this week...but not daily! Make it a super duper one!!

4 comments:

Ifat Art said...

The butterfly's punch adds just the right touch to the card - It's awesome!

Thanks for sharing!

IfatArt

AJ said...

yea for you!! it is so exciting getting that acceptance email! I would have thought you would have many pubbed by now!!

Anonymous said...

Congraties on the publication. Wowie!

I chuckled about your reassembly of your card. I have pieces sitting on my desk right now that I finally set aside when I couldn't decide on where to go with it. Glad to know it's not just me! Hopefully, I'll find a solution, too. Your card is lovely.

Hugs from one of your many friends on the planet . . . . Mary

Tricia Ulberg said...

Yay on getting published! By the way, I noticed a charge from Spellbinders...those Nesties may very well be on their way... ;)