Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy July 4th!

I hope you are all(those of you that are in the states) having a wonderful happy holiday bbq today!! We are going to celebrate with some american friends later today! Hope you have a great one!!

Ok, I love this color combination! River Rock, Chocolate Chip and White...so pretty! This is another one of my new stamp sets...I love the sentiments so much!! The set is Far East by LAD. I'm feeling my supply of Thank you notes needs to be replenished...so I've been working on building that supply back up!

I started this one with a river rock card and added a layer of choclate chip cardstock for a beautiful contrast. I stamped the flower image-first in river rock, then over the top with chocolate chip. My stamp-a-ma-jig helped me with the perfect placement! I used my marvy uchida oval punch and scallop oval punch to make the perfect shapes for this flower! I stamped the sentiment in river rock, on my ww cardstock added the strip of river rock ribbon, and then attached the flower to the card. Any sentiment would work well on this type of layout...and if you haven't seen LAD Say it Script stamp set, take a peek, it's a fun one!!

Ok, so thank for your responses to my stamp sets, there are only a few left. My G, and long time stampin' buddy doesn't have a stampin' blog and has a bunch of SU sets she's wanted to see if she can find new homes for. If you are looking for some retired sets(some retired this month and others have been for retired for a while), she's discounted them all at least 50% I believe, here is a link to her blog Jeanelle's Random Ramblings. She'd love to hook you up!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful day!!

1 comment:

AJ said...

cute card!! love the colors, and the clean lines of it!!