Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Birthday!

I have had the "stem sayings"stamp set for a long while, and only recently has it met ink! I thought it would be a fun sentiment for this card. This card is for a sweet friend that came and stayed with us for 5 weeks after Ruby was born. Her name is Lisa and she came to help-clean, cook, kids...etc., and we loved having her!! We miss her oddles and oddles! Her birthday is this month, so here is what we came up with!

I started with a bashful blue card base. The Old Olive designer series paper is SO wonderful! I really love it, and well, it matches the colors of the Summer Picnic paper! What is there not to love?! So, I mounted the old olive on the bashful blue. The stripe is the summer picnic paper, mounted on old olive and then pumpkin pie and then tied with a pumpkin pie striped grosgrain! The flowers are from the diecut blooms, also occasions mini items. The white flower layer is just WW cardstock punched from the 5 petal punch. I used a build a brad to create the olive polka dot center of the flower...and a 1/4" circle punch for the center of the bashful and pumpkin flowers. I stamped Happy birthday on a strip of pumpkin pie, then adhered it to the bashful blue card! And there you have it folks!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day!

3 comments:

Jenn D said...

What a great friend you have to come and help out like that. She deserves this beautiful, bright and cheery card. I love the colors.

Jenn

Tina said...

Hi Jen! OK, So I know you know it's no secret how much I love your work. I actually have these die cut flowers ~ haven't even taken one out of the sleeve yet but I bet I will now!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so fabulous . . . great color mix and layout. Bright and beautiful. Mary