Sunday, April 20, 2008

you made my day!

Hello All! Wow, how can the time keep going so fast!? I can't believe that it is already April 20th! My time just doesn't slow down...and I'm sure not excited about it flying away so fast! I've been able to get to my desk and get some good work done this week...I just haven't gotten to getting it online yet! I'll get more posted throughout this week...so be sure to come back and have a peek ok?! I'm patiently awaiting some new LAD stamps...you did see there AWESOME new stamps that just came out on the 16th right!!!??? If not, feel free to just CLICK your way to view the new release stamps! I'm so excited-these new stamps are sure to be among your favorites!

Ok, you all know that I love the summer picnic designer paper from the SU Occasion's mini catalog (that is available through the end of May), I can't really go long with out wanting to use it...it's that great! And I have been known to not use patterned paper much, just hoard it, so the fact that I'm able to use it so much makes me very happy!:) I feel so good cutting into beautiful pieces of paper now...it is so therapeutic! So, on to the card for today!


I started with a WW base and then this fun stripe paper from the summer picnic set...love it! I also am happy to announce that I used my "stem sayings" stamps for the first time...they have been introduced to ink...Old Olive to be exact. I put a strip of pumpkin pie across the lower part of the card, followed by a piece of bashful blue that had been stamped with the "What can i say, you made my day!" stamp from stem sayings. (I did stamp the whole saying, but I covered the other half up!) The flowers are the diecut bloooms from the mini also. I'm really happy to have gotten them...they are textured cardstock, and just pain and simply fun! They dress up any card...if you don't have them...there is still time!! (Let me know and I'll hook you up!) To tie my ribbon around the card, I used the horizontal slot punch right along the fold, and punched it just enough to make a little slot for the ribbon to run through. I don't punch the whole of the slot punch maybe half of it, right on the fold, and it works wonders!:) So, I put the striped pumpkin pie grosgrain through there and tied it up!:). So folks, there you have it a super quick and fun card! I think that I need to make a bunch more "you made my day" cards...a lot of people do that!

Thanks for stopping by today, and I'll be back tomorrow! Enjoy this beautiful day!! (Well, in Germany, we're having a FANTASTIC spring day...100% perfect!! good luck on the weather in your part of the world!)

1 comment:

joslyn said...

i need that paper. such a cute card!!