Monday, January 7, 2008

LAD Sneak Peek

After a wonderful holiday...it was so dreamy!! I'm ready to get back to the stamping world! I've got a few samples of one of the new winter release sets from Lizzie Anne Designs, the set is called Fun to Be Floral and it's a bundle of fun!! I'm patiently awaiting some of the new sets...don't they look like so much fun to play with!! (If you click on the "Fun to be floral" it will take you to the LAD sneak peek page and show you all the fun sets coming!!)





For the first card, I used the In the Background set for the pattern on my vase-which is a new Marvy Uchida punch I just got! I think it's a great size and will be a fun addition to my punch happiness!! I also used Fun to be floral for the cute flowers. I put a little 1/4" clear page pebble on each of flowers, just to give a little different something. I used Basic Gray, Purely Pomegranite, and Old Olive (all from SU) for the colors...I love basic grayand I love that I have that color ribbon too! I also used the ticket corner punch from SU.

For the second card, I used the cute little flower bud, from Fun to be floral. I love little flower tops...they are so easy to use and very versitile...:). So, I just used that little flower and then the "a gift for you" frame stamp is from the Celebration Frames set. I made a little mask for the frame(by stamping the gift for you frame on my white cs, then I stamped it again on a post-it note. I punched the center of the circle out on my post it, and covered the frame on my white cs with the post-it, and then stamped the flowers inside the frame, leaving a lovely frame with no flowers in the writing.) I used Real Red and Pixie Pink for my ink and cardstock (SU). The patterned paper is KI memories I think...I'll edit if that isn't correct. The punches I used were an EK circle punch and a Marvy Uchida scallop circle. I also added little page pebbles from MM, on each of the flower centers.

The last photo is of a little box of thank you cards. I got the directions for the box from Nichole Heady's blog, it is called a Criss Cross Box and I thought it looked fun to make! I did make the patterned paper also...for the paper I only used the Fun to be Floral flowers and stems. I used Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom, and Certainly Celery (one of my all time favorite color combinations!!) for the ink. I used my new glue pad (love that thing!!)to add the dazzling diamonds(su) glitter to the little flower top on the band of the box. The circle frame is from the Celebration Frame set, and the Thanks comes from the Fun to be floral set. I used teh "scraps" from making the box to make my cards...which I forgot to photograph before they left my hands...sorry! But I put a set of 6 little cards that are the size that fit into the Pocket Note size envelopes from SU.

I have had a great time playing with this new set and can't wait to get my other new sets!!! Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love the stamps. Adore the vase.

GO Gray's said...

Cute I'm so glad you e-mailed me your site. You are very creative and can't wait to see what you come up with next. If you come across something that you think would be perfect for my Laurels let me know.

AJ said...

cute cards!! I love all the sneak peeks they were showing~ very cute stuff!!