Sunday, November 25, 2007

It's been a long time!

I've been feeling very much under the weather...I had a terrible fight with the Flu bug last week, sad to say that I lost!! I felt sicker than I've ever felt in my life! And wouldn't you know it, my husband was out of town....:). There is just something about being pregnant and having the flu....I don't think it should be allowed to happen! Right? Anyway, I'm finally on the up and feeling much better. We had a great thanksgiving....and I wanted to share a few of the things that I've made to give my friends to show my thanks...





I picked up some 5x7 frames and thought something for the holiday season would be fun to give...so I came up with these! I'm really happy with how they turned out...
For one I used the Dashing Designer Paper from Stampin' Up!...for the other I used last years holiday paper..can't remember the name! But I used my 1 1/4" square punch and punched out 12 squares of the designer papers, then mounted them on a 4x6" piece of cardstock, then mounted that on a 5x7" piece of cardstock. I used the In the Spotlight hostess set with the 5 petal flower punch for the flowers and the leaves...the 1/4" circle for the yellow centers. I used the Marvy Uchida mega oval and giga scallop oval punches to make a place for the sentiment....and the sentiment comes from the All Holidays stamp set. (All supplies Stampin' up unless noted)

So I had a brain storm....I just thought that it might be fun to have a little frame like this that I make a seasonal piece to go into...wouldn't that be fun? A fun birthday one, etc....I think it is a fun gift to give too!

Hope you enjoy it....and thanks for stopping by!! Merry Christmas and enjoy this wonderful season!!!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Those are both really cute! What a great idea - your friends are sure to love them!

AJ said...

This is just super! LOVE it! Did you paint the frames or were they already that color?
I am needing to make a few things like this, thanks for the inspiration!!!