Thursday, October 11, 2007

How time flies!!

I can't believe it's been so long since I've been here! Time just doesn't want to slow down for me...although I'd really appreciate it! I have been making and crafting...just haven't had time to post! So, here are a few of my latest!

In our move to Germany, we didn't bring a lot of stuff with us. I have a load of stuff back in Seattle in storage somewhere...and there are days when I think of something that I really miss!! Well, as it became October, I started missing my Fall Decorations! Then I thought, 'I've got enough supplies to make at least a few decorations!' (Don't we all!:)), So, I looked through the gallery at SCS and found these cute, easy pumpkins made my malgirl65, and thought I'd try a few. So here are a few we, my daughter really enjoyed helping with these, finished up a few days ago. We simply cut the paper into strips and used a crop-a-dile to punch holes in each end, and treaded with ribbon! Super duper easy! For the smaller pumpkins, the strips of paper are 6"x1" and there are 12 pieces. For the larger pumpkin, the strips are 12"x1" and there are 24 pieces of paper.
**Edited to add, that if you don't have a crop-a-dile, simply punch circles large enough to fit your desired ribbon through. The crop-a-dile, a fantastic tool, allows you to get the holes for all of them done in one little punch! But if you don't have one, don't distress, you can still enjoy the pumpkins!**
href="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5hk17Dfl9wY/Rw4OQvrsxdI/AAAAAAAAAO8/0HBb4mANsCg/s1600-h/pumpkinds.JPG">


Supplies: Creepy Crawly paper, Black Grosgrain ribbon, Crop-a-dile (all SU).

Then, here are a couple of my latest cards for Lizzie Anne Designs, I do love this little flower set...Daisy Dots, it's got some great stamps in it!! I'm working on my assignment for this month with their new Holiday Cheer set, oh my goodness, I LOVE that set!! It's awesome!! And did you see th Celebration Frames Set they unveiled on WCMD? Oh, I am so excited to get that one!!

This card was done with Really Rust cardstock-a color I love but save for fall(or maybe I just don't think about it until fall comes!:))For the circles which I wanted to resemble brads,(I didn't have the right color brads), I just used a 1/4" circle punch and then used glue dots to adhere them...and I think it's a fun look. The stamps are from Daisy Dots and Sketched Sentiments from Lizzie Anne.


This card was also done using Daisy Dots, although there are no flowers on this one! That is one of the fun things about this set, it has flowers and then some! I used a bundle of circle punches, and just layerd them. These green brads are from American Crafts, and I love the size of them!! Paper colors, River Rock, Old Olive,and Chocolate Chip (SU).

Have a great day and thanks a bundle for stopping by!!

2 comments:

AJ said...

Oh I just loved making those pumpkins~ great idea to add black strips in as well! Great LA cards too!! very fun stuff!

Oldest Girl said...

Jen you do such a great job! I am going to make those pumpkins. Can i do it without one of those tools? I don't have one. I will chat later. I just got off my treadmill and I cooling off.....

XOXO
Amy